Saturday, October 23, 2004

Am I ?...

Am I a control freak? No, really, is that how I am viewed. I have made some comments of late to my little Grasshopper(cousin) on her blog and the CouncilChambers. I realize that I am trying to guide her to not be hurt by the shit that happens to all of us in this world. I find myself not wanting to see her hurt, so I want to steel her from it.

She posted a friend of her's post from some blog somewhere. In the comments I find myself pointing out that everything that can be controlled should be. The point of fact is that the only thing we can control as people are ourselves. I try to ex[;ain this and seem only to be sparking an argument.

Chanda, I respect you as a young woman, that does not mean I like you in any way sexually or that I am attracted to you. I just respect you. That being said, let me say this. If you find yourself liking some guy who is not worthy of your affection, then either let him know that you feel something but he is not worthy, or you can give in and be his toy. Now understand that a toy has more power over the master than most ever realize. If you just feel the need to be comforted and held, make that the only way he can get close to you physically. This is all of course if you decide to go down this path. Let the guy know that you have your sights set on him, and bring home your prize, just be prepared for whatever comes with it. The heartache and the pain, that goes along with the joy and sense of belonging, and being cared for. It is part and parcel for the course of human relationships, someone is always hurt in the end. But that is not a reason to ever run from it. Embrace it all, and live a great life. Enjoy it all, and live you life to the full.

To Grasshopper, I do not mean to ever truly guide you, just kinda point you in the right direction. If that is something that you feel is invasive, I truly do apologize from the bottom of my soul. I just don't ever want to have to see you in tears over a guy. I view someone being able to effect your emotions, they have control over you. I refuse to give anyone control over myself to anyone being. Yes, on occasions, other can inadvertently effect my emotions, but give them control, never. I live an easier and drama free life because of it. I now have weird situations like women staying around or moving here then away from St. Louis because I don't ever give up control over me. It is not a way of life for everyone, so you must find your own path. I will always be there to point you in the right direction. But as always, I want you to take that as a guideline, not a strict regimen for your life. Again, I sincerely apologize to you Grasshopper and to you Chanda, so live your lives the way you feel you must.

Peace
Q



Everyone will fall, but it is up too them how they fall.


3 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

I know you've been dealing with some stuff lately, but I really don't think you have any reason to apologize (to me anyway, who knows what Chanda thinks? LOL). You've been a great help to me lately...it's hard for me being on my own in a new city and you've made the transition that much easier for me. Also, I love to get advice and guidance from someone older, wiser and more experienced than me. Besides...you know me...if I don't agree with what you are saying I'm not going to listen anyway. This is both good and bad, bad because sometimes it will lead to mistakes, but good because I can learn from those mistakes.

As for you being a control freak, I guess that is possible. But that's you...and people either take that or leave it. Me, I plan on taking it...you know where I am. If you ever need anything and I can help...I'm there, just like you would be for me.

Sunday, October 24, 2004 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Also, if you're apologizing because of my bloq about being confused about what I want, etc...just know that I'm just talking it out with myself. I'm generally too open for anything to be "invasive" especially if I'm volunteering the information or seeking your guidance. And even when I'm not seeking it, I welcome it, or I would tell you to mind yer bizness. ;)

Sunday, October 24, 2004 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Hey...you called tonight while I was gone. Try again, demmit. LOL...

Tuesday, November 02, 2004 10:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home